We recommend using a newer version of this product: Epigenase HDAC Activity/Inhibition Direct Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
The EpiQuik™ HDAC Activity/Inhibition Assay Kit is a ready-to-use set of essential components needed to measure HDAC activity/inhibition safely and quickly. It is suitable for measuring HDAC activity/inhibition from a broad range of species including mammalian cells/tissues, plants, and bacteria.
WHY CHOOSE THE EPIQUIK™ HDAC ACTIVITY/INHIBITION ASSAY KIT (COLORIMETRIC),
- Very quick procedure, which can be completed within 3 hours.
- Innovative colorimetric assay without radioactivity, extraction, and chromatography.
- Direct measurement of HDAC activity and inhibition without the use of lysyl endopeptidase, thereby avoiding the false inhibitory effect on HDACs.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible in both manual and high throughput analysis formats.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
The EpiQuik™ HDAC Activity/Inhibition Assay Kit is designed for measuring total HDAC activity/inhibition. In an assay with this kit, the unique acetylated histone substrate is stably captured on the strip wells. Active HDACs bind to and deacetylate histone substrate. The remaining un-deacetylated substrate can be recognized with a high affinity acetylated histone antibody. The ratio or amount of the un-deacetylated histone, which is inversely proportional to HDAC enzyme activity, can then be colorimetrically quantified through an ELISA-like reaction.
H1 (10X Wash Buffer)
H2 (HDAC Assay Buffer)
H3 (Biotinylated HDAC Substrate)*
H4 (HDAC Inhibitor, 0.5 mM)*
H5 (HDAC Standard, 20 µg/ml)*
H6 (Capture Antibody, 100 µg/ml)*
H7 (Detection Antibody, 200 µg/ml)*
H8 (Developing Solution)
H9 (Stop Solution)
8-Well Assay Strip (with Frame)
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial after thawing prior to opening the cap.