The EpiQuik™ HAT Activity/Inhibition Assay Kit is a ready-to-use set of essential components needed to measure histone acetyltransferase activity/inhibition safely and quickly. It is suitable for measuring histone acetyltransferase activity/inhibition from a broad range of species including mammalian cells/tissues, plants, and bacteria. The kit has the following advantages:
- Very quick procedure, which can be completed within only 3 hours.
- Innovative colorimetric assay without radioactivity, extraction, and chromatography.
- Direct measurement of HAT activity and inhibition by quantifying the amount of acetylated histone substrate, thereby avoiding the false inhibitory effect on HATs.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible in both manual and high throughput analysis formats.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
Principle & Procedure
The EpiQuik™ HAT Activity/Inhibition Assay Kit is designed for measuring total histone aceyltransferase activity or inhibition. In an assay with this kit, the unique histone substrate is stably captured on the strip wells. Active HATs bind to and acetylate histone substrate. The acetylated substrate can be recognized with a high affinity anti-acetylated histone antibody. The ratio or amount of the acetylated histone, which is directly proportional to HAT enzyme activity, can then be colorimetrically quantified through an ELISA-like reaction.