We recommend using a newer version of this product: MethylFlash Global DNA Methylation (5-mC) ELISA Easy Kit (Colorimetric)
The Methylamp™ Global DNA Methylation Quantification Ultra Kit is an improved version of the popular Methylamp™ Global DNA Methylation Quantification Kit. As a complete set of essential components, the kit enables the experimenter to quantify global DNA methylation through an ELISA-like reaction using Epigentek's uniquely simplified and streamlined procedure. The entire procedure can be completed in less than 4 hours in either manual or high throughput analysis. In addition to having a shorter procedure, the improved kit also has higher sensitivty than its predecessor. It is suitable for detecting global DNA methylation status using genomic DNA isolated from variety of cultured cells, fresh and frozen tissue, paraffin-embedded tissue, plasma/serum sample, and body fluid sample, etc. The universal positive control included in the kit allows for quantitation of methylated DNA from any species.
WHY CHOOSE THE METHYLAMP™ GLOBAL DNA METHYLATION QUANTIFICATION KIT,
- Colorimetric quantification without radioactivity, extraction, and chromatography.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput analysis.
IMPROVEMENTS OVER ITS PREDECESSOR:
- Shorter procedure, which can be finished in less than 4 hours.
- Significantly higher sensitivity -- detection limitation can be as low as 0.2 ng of methylated DNA.
- Universal positive control suitable for quantifying methylated DNA from any species.
The Methylamp™ Global DNA Methylation Quantification Ultra Kit contains all reagents required for quantification of global DNA methylation. In this assay, DNA is immobilized to the strip well specifically coated with DNA affinity substance. The methylated fraction of DNA can be recognized by 5-methylcytosine antibody and quantified through an ELISA-like reaction. The amount of methylated DNA is proportional to the OD intensity.
Quantification of Methylated DNA.