The EpiQuik™ Global Acetyl Histone H3-K23 Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) is a convenient package of tools that allows the experimenter to measure global acetylation of histone H3-K23 fluorometrically, using a variety of mammalian cells (human, mouse, etc.) including fresh and frozen tissues, and cultured adherent and suspension cells.
- Quick and efficient procedure, which can be finished within 2.5 hours.
- Innovative fluorometric assay with no need for radioactivity, electrophoresis, or chromatography.
- Specifically capturing acetyl H3-K23 with the detection limit as low as 0.4 ng/well and detection range from 5 ng-2 µg/well of histone extracts.
- The control is conveniently included for quantification of the amount of acetyl H3-K23.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
Acetylation of histones including histone H3 has been involved in the regulation of chromatin structure and recruitment of transcription factors to the gene promoters. Histone acetyltransfeases (HAT) and histone deacetylases (HDACs) play a critical role in control of histone H3 acetylation at multiple sites. Histone H3 at lysine 23 (H3-K23), along with K9, K14 and K18 are primary acetylated sites of histone H3. Acetylation of histone H3-K23 is tightly involved in the cell cycle reguation, cell proliferation and apoptosis. Acetylation of histone H3-K23 is also correlated with transcription activation. An imbalance in the equilibrium of histone H3 acetylation including K23 acetylation has been associated with tumorigenesis and cancer progression. Histone H3-K23 acetylation may be increased by inhibition of HDACs and decreased by HAT inhibition. Thus quantitative detection of global acetyl histone H3-K23 would provide useful information for better understanding epigenetic regulation of gene activation and for developing HAT or HDAC-targeted drugs. The EpiQuik™ Global Acetyl Histone H3-K23 Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) provides a tool for measuring global acetylation of histone H3-K23.
Principle & Procedure
This kit is designed for measuring global histone H3-K23 acetylation. In an assay with this kit, the acetyl histone H3 at lysine 23 is captured to the strip wells coated with an anti-acetyl H3-K23 antibody. The captured acetyl histone H3-K23 can then be detected with a labeled detection antibody followed by a fluorescent development reagent. The ratio of acetyl H3-K23 is proportional to the intensity of fluorescence. The absolute amount of acetyl H3-K23 can be quantified by comparing to the standard control.
Input material should be purified histone extracts. In general, the input amount should be from 50 ng to 200 ng per well of histone extracts.
F1 (10X wash buffer)
F2 (antibody buffer)
F3 (detection antibody, 1 mg/ml)*
F4 (fluoro developer)*
F5 (fluoro enhancer)*
F6 (fluoro dilution)
Standard control (100 µg/ml)*
8 well sample strips (with frame)
8 well standard control strips
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial prior to opening the cap.