EpiQuik Hot Taq is chemically modified EpiQuik Taq DNA Polymerase. The enzyme is inactive at ambient temperature, having no polymerase activity. To activate the EpiQuik Hot Taq DNA Polymerase it should be incubated at 95 - 97°C for 15 minutes as a first PCR step. This enzyme allows the PCR setup at ambient temperature without nonspecific annealing and extension. Purified from a recombinant E. coli strain with cloned gene encoding Thermus aquaticus DNA polymerase. EpiQuik Hot Taq DNA Polymerase has 5’→ 3’ DNA synthesis activity.
10 units/µl (one unit of the enzyme catalyzes the incorporation of 10 nanomoles of deoxyribonucleotides into a polynucleotide fraction in 30 min at 70°C).
Recombinant E. coli strain with cloned gene encoding Thermus aquaticus DNA polymerase.
- EpiQuik Hot Taq DNA Polymerase in Storage Buffer: 20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0), 1mM DTT, 0.1 mM EDTA, 100 mM KCl, 0.5% Nonidet P40, 0.5% Tween 20 and 50% glycerol
- 10x Reaction Buffer: 100 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.8 at 25°C), 500 mM KCl, 0.8% Nonidet P40
- 10x Reaction Buffer with (NH4)2SO4: Tris-HCl (pH 8.8 at 25°C), 200 mM (NH4)2SO4, 0.1% Tween 20
- 25 mM MgCl2 Solution
- Polymerase chain reaction setup at room temperature
- Effective incorporation of modified nucleotides
Store at -20°C. Guaranteed stable for 12 months when properly stored.