EpiQuik Red Taq DNA Polymerase has a special formulation with added inert red dye. This makes it very suitable for standard applications. Strong red color of the enzyme allows user to check the polymerase addition and verify adequate mixing. Reaction products are ready for direct gel loading and the dye serves as marker for electrophoresis progress monitoring. EpiQuik Red Taq DNA Polymerase has 5’→3’ DNA synthesis activity.
10 units/µl (one unit of the enzyme catalyzes the incorporation of 10 nanomoles of deoxyribonucleotides into a polynucleotide fraction in 30 min at 70°C).
Recombinant E. coli strain with cloned gene encoding Thermus aquaticus DNA polymerase.
- EpiQuik Red Taq DNA Polymerase in Storage Buffer: 20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0), 1mM DTT, 0.1 mM EDTA, 100 mM KCl, 0.5% Nonidet P40, 0.5% Tween 20 and 50% glycerol
- 10x Reaction Buffer: 100 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.8 at 25°C), 500 mM KCl, 0.8% Nonidet P40
- 10x Reaction Buffer with (NH4)2SO4: Tris-HCl (pH 8.8 at 25°C), 200 mM (NH4)2SO4, 0.1% Tween 20
- 25 mM MgCl2 Solution
- Suited for a wide range of PCR assays
- Easy visualization of enzyme addition
- Visualization of complete reaction mixing
- Direct loading of samples following amplification
Store at -20°C. Guaranteed stable for 12 months when properly stored.
Fig. 1. Amplification of 330 bp target DNA using EpiQuik Red Taq DNA Polymerase.
1-2 – EpiQuik Red Taq DNA Polymerase
M – EpiQuik 100 bp DNA Ladder