EpiQuik Pfu DNA Polymerase has been purified from the Recombinant E. coli strain with cloned gene encoding Pyrococcus furiosus DNA polymerase. In addition to 5´→3´ DNA polymerase activity, EpiQuik Pfu DNA Polymerase also possesses 3´→5´ exonuclease (proof-reading) activity. EpiQuik Pfu DNA Polymerase exhibits the lowest error rate of any thermostable DNA polymerase studied, it is up to ten fold more accurate than normal Taq DNA polymerase. Consequently, EpiQuik Pfu DNA Polymerase is useful for polymerization reactions requiring high-fidelity synthesis.
5 units/µl (one unit of the enzyme catalyzes the incorporation of 10 nanomoles of deoxyribonucleotides into a polynucleotide fraction in 30 min at 70°C).
Recombinant E. coli strain with cloned gene encoding Pyrococcus furiosus DNA polymerase.
- EpiQuik Pfu DNA Polymerase in Storage Buffer: 20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0), 1 mM DTT, 0.1 mM EDTA, 100 mM KCl, 0.5% Nonidet P40, 0.5% Tween 20 and 50% glycerol
- 10x Pfu Buffer: 200 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.8 at 25°C), 100 mM KCl, 100 mM (NH4)2SO4, 1% Triton X-100, 1 mg/ml BSA
- 10x Pfu Buffer with MgSO4: 200 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.8 at 25°C), 100 mM KCl, 100 mM (NH4)2SO4, 1% Triton X-100, 1 mg/ml BSA, 20 mM MgSO4
- 25 mM MgSO4 Solution
- Close to ten times more accurate than normal DNA polymerase
- Produces blunt-ended amplification products to be used for cloning
- Remains active even after incubating 90 minutes at 95°C
Store at -20°C. Guaranteed stable for 12 months when properly stored.