The EpiQuik™ Total Histone H3 Acetylation Detection Fast Kit (Fluorometric) is a convenient package of tools that allows the experimenter to measure general acetylation of histone H3. The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed to carry out a successful assay experiment. The EpiQuik Total Histone H3 Acetylation Detection Fast Kit (Fluorometric) is suitable for specifically measuring total histone H3 acetylation using a variety of mammalian cells (human, mouse, etc.), including fresh and frozen tissues, and cultured adherent and suspension cells. The kit has the following advantages:
- Quick and efficient procedure, which can be finished within 2.5 hours.
- Innovative fluorometric assay without the need for radioactivity, electrophoresis, or chromatography.
- Captures histone H3 acetylated at any lysine site with the detection limit as low as 0.4 ng/well and detection range from 5 ng-2 µg/well of histone extracts.
- The control is conveniently included for the quantification of the amount of acetylated histone H3.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
Principle & Procedure
The EpiQuik™ Total Histone H3 Acetylation Detection Fast Kit (Fluorometric) is designed for measuring total histone H3 acetylation in a fast format. In an assay with this kit, the acetyl histone H3 is captured to the strip wells coated with an anti-acetyl histone H3 antibody. The captured acetyl histone H3 can then be detected with a labeled detection antibody followed by a fluorescent development reagent. The ratio of acetyl histone H3 is proportional to the intensity of fluorescence. The absolute amount of acetyl histone H3 can be quantified by comparing to the standard control.