TheEpiQuik™ Global Histone H4 Acetylation Assay Kit is a convenient package of tools that allows the experimenter to measure global acetylation of histone H4 at tremendously fast speeds and consistency, superior and safer than all other current methods. The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed to carry out a successful assay experiment. The EpiQuik™ Global Histone H4 Acetylation Assay Kit is suitable for specifically measuring global histone H4 acetylation using a variety of mammalian cells including fresh and frozen tissues, and cultured adherent and suspension cells. The kit has the following advantages:
- Quick and efficient procedure, which can be finished within 5 hours.
- Innovative colorimetric assay without the need for radioactivity, electrophoresis, or chromatography.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput analysis.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
Principle & Procedure
The EpiQuik™ Global Histone H4 Acetylation Assay Kit is designed for measuring global histone H4 acetylation. In an assay with this kit, the histone proteins are stably spotted on the strip wells. The acetylated histone H4 can be recognized with a high-affinity antibody. The ratio or amount of acetylated H4 can be quantified through HRP conjugated secondary antibody-color development system and is proportional to the intensity of color development.
GE1 (10X lysis buffer)
GE2 (extraction buffer)
GE3 (10X wash buffer)
GE4 (histone buffer)
GE5 (blocking buffer)
GE6 (antibody buffer)
GE7 (capture antibody, 100 µg/ml)*
GE8 (detection antibody, 400 µg/ml)*
GE9 (developing solution)
GE10 (stop solution)
Acetylated histone H4 control (60 µg/ml)*
8 well assay strips (with frame)
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial prior to opening the cap.