The EpiQuik™ Histone Demethylase (H3-K9 Specific) Activity/Inhibition Fast Assay Kit is a convenient set of tools that allows the experimenter to measure activity/inhibition of H3-K9 specific histone demethylases using cell/ tissue extracts. The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed for measuring histone demethylase (H3-K9 specific) activity/inhibition from a broad range of species including mammalian cells/tissues, plants, and bacteria.
WHY CHOOSE THE EPIQUIK™ HISTONE DEMETHYLASE (H3-K9 SPECIFIC) ACTIVITY/INHIBITION FAST ASSAY KIT?
- Fast one-step assay, which can be finished within 1.5 hours.
- Innovative fluorescent assay without the need for radioactivity, extraction, and chromatography.
- Measurement of HDM (H3-K9 specific) activity and inhibition through quantifying by-product of the enzyme reaction, which make the assay highly sensitive.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput analysis.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
The EpiQuik™ Histone Demethylase (H3-K9 Specific) Activity/Inhibition Fast Assay Kit is designed for measuring total histone demethylase (H3-K9 specific) activity/inhibition. In the assay with this kit, the unique methylated histone H3-K9 substrate is incubated with nuclear extracts or purified enzymes. Formaldehyde generated from the enzyme-substrate reaction reacts with a detection reagent to form a fluorescent substance. The ratio or amount of the formaldehyde, which is proportional to HDM enzyme activity, can then be fluorometrically quantified.
HL1 (HDM Assay Buffer)
HL2 (HDM Substrate)*
HL3 (HDM Standard, 1 mM)*
8-Well Assay Strip (with Frame)
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial after thawing prior to opening the cap.