We recommend using a newer version of this product: EpiQuik DNMT Activity/Inhibition Assay Ultra Kit (Fluorometric)
The EpiQuik™ DNA Methyltransferase Activity/Inhibition Assay Kit (Fluorometric) is a complete set of tools to fluorometrically measure Dnmt activity and inhibition at very fast speeds. The kit is suitable for measuring Dnmt activity/inhibition from a broad range of species including mammalian cells/tissues, plants, and bacteria.
WHY CHOOSE THE EPIQUIK™ DNA METHYLTRANSFERASE ACTIVITY/INHIBITION ASSAY KIT (FLUOROMETRIC)?
- Extremely fast procedure, which can be completed within 3 hours.
- Innovative fluorometric assay with high sensitivity for detecting Dnmt activity generated from as low as 2 ng of enzyme.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput analysis.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
The EpiQuik™ DNA Methyltransferase Activity/Inhibition Assay Kit (Fluorometric) is designed for measuring total Dnmt activity (de novo, maintenance). In an assay with this kit, the unique cytosine-rich DNA substrate is stably coated on the strip wells. These wells are specifically treated to have a high DNA absorption ability. Dnmt enzymes transfer a methyl group to cytosine from Adomet to methylate the DNA substrate. The methylated DNA can be recognized with an anti-5-methylcytosine antibody. The ratio or amount of methylated DNA, which is proportional to enzyme activity, can then be fluorometrically quantified through an ELISA-like reaction.
MD1 (10X Wash Buffer)
MD2 (Dnmt Assay Buffer)
MD3 (Adomet, 8 mM)*
MD4 (Dnmt Positive Control)*
MD5 (Capture Antibody)*
MD6 (Detection Antibody, 200 µg/ml)*
MD7 (Fluoro Developer)*
MD8 (Fluoro Enhancer)*
MD9 (Fluoro Dilution)
8-Well Substrate-Coated Strip (with Frame)
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial after thawing prior to opening the cap.