The EpiQuik™ DNMT1 Activity/Inhibitor Screening Assay Core Kit is a convenient set of tools that allows the experimenter to selectively screen DNA methyltransferase 1 activity/inhibitors in an ELISA-like format. The selective inhibition of DNMT1 may lead to demethylation and expression of silenced tumor suppressor genes. Thus, the selective DNMT1 inhibitors could be a new addition to cancer therapeutic agents. The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed to carry out a successful DNMT1 activity/inhibitor screening experiment without the need for radioactivity or any special equipment. The kit has the following advantages:
- Very rapid procedure, which can be completed within 3 hours.
- Safe and innovative colorimetric assay without radioactivity, extraction, and chromatography.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput analysis.
- Extremely simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
Note: This "core" kit does not come with enzymes included.
Principle & Procedure
The EpiQuik™ DNMT1 Activity/Inhibitor Screening Assay Kit is designed for screening Dnmt 1 inhibitors. In an assay with this kit, the unique cytosine-rich DNA substrate is stably coated on the strip wells. These wells are specifically treated to have a high DNA absorption ability. A DNMT1 enzyme (not included) transfers a methyl group to cytosine from Adomet to methylate the DNA substrate. The methylated DNA can be recognized with an anti-5-methylcytosine antibody. The ratio or amount of methylated DNA, which is proportional to enzyme activity, can then be colorimetrically quantified through an ELISA-like reaction.
MO1 (10X Wash Buffer)
MO2 (Dnmt Assay Buffer)
MO5 (Capture Antibody)*
MO6 (Detection Antibody)*
MO7 (Developing Solution)
MO8 (Stop Solution)
8-Well Substrate-Coated Strip (with Frame)
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial after thawing prior to opening the cap.