The EpiQuik™ Global Mono-Methyl Histone H3-K79 Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) is a convenient package of tools that allows the experimenter to specifically measure global mono-methylation of histone H3-K79 colorimetrically using a variety of mammalian cells (human, mouse, etc.) including fresh and frozen tissues, cultured adherent and suspension cells.
WHY CHOOSE THE EPIQUIK™ GLOBAL MONO-METHYL HISTONE H3-K79 QUANTIFICATION KIT (COLORIMETRIC)?
- Quick and efficient procedure, which can be finished within 2.5 hours.
- Innovative colorimetric assay without the need for radioactivity, electrophoresis, and chromatography.
- Specifically captures mono-methylated H3-K79 with the detection limit as low as 2 ng/well and detection range from 20 ng-5 µg/well of histone extracts.
- The control is conveniently included for the quantification of the amount of mono-methylated H3-K79.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
The EpiQuik™ Global Mono-Methyl Histone H3-K79 Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) is designed for measuring global histone H3-K79 mono-methylation. In an assay with this kit, the mono-methylated histone H3 at lysine 79 is captured to the strip wells coated with an anti-monomethyl H3-K79 antibody. The captured mono-methylated histone H3-K79 can then be detected with a labeled detection antibody followed by a color development reagent. The ratio of mono-methylated H3-K79 is proportional to the intensity of absorbance. The absolute amount of mono-methylated H3-K79 can be quantified by comparing to the standard control.