The EpiQuik™ Global Di-Methyl Histone H4-K20 Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) is a complete set of essential components, which enables the experimenter to measure global di-methylation of histone H4-K20. Di-methylation of H4-K20 has been described as another repressive chromatin domain and is involved in DNA damage response. The global H4-K20 di-methylation can also be changed by inhibiton or activation of HMTs, making quantitative detection of global di-methyl histone H4-K20 a useful tool for better understanding epigenetic regulation of gene activation/repression. The EpiQuik Global Di-Methyl Histone H4-K20 Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) is suitable for specifically measuring global histone H4-K20 di-methylation using a variety of mammalian cells (human, mouse, etc.), including fresh and frozen tissues, and cultured adherent and suspension cells.
WHY CHOOSE THE EPIQUIK™ GLOBAL DI-METHYL HISTONE H4-K20 QUANTIFICATION KIT (COLORIMETRIC)?
- Quick and efficient procedure, which can be finished within 2.5 hours.
- Innovative colorimetric assay without the need for radioactivity, electrophoresis, or chromatography.
- Specifically captures di-methylated H4-K20 with the detection limit as low as 5 ng/well and detection range from 20 ng-2 µg/well of histone extracts.
- The control is conveniently included for the quantification of di-methylated H4-K20.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
The EpiQuik Global Di-Methyl Histone H4-K20 Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) is designed for measuring global histone H4-K20 di-methylation. In an assay with this kit, the di-methylated histone H4 at lysine 20 is captured to the strip wells coated with an anti-dimethyl H4-K20 antibody. The captured di-methylated histone H4-K20 can then be detected with a detection antibody, followed by a color development reagent. The ratio of di-methylated H4-K20 is proportional to the intensity of absorbance. The absolute amount of di-methylated H4-K20 can be quantitated by comparing to the standard control.
C1 (10X Wash Buffer)
C2 (Antibody Buffer)
C3 (Detecting Antibody, 1 mg/ml)*
C4 (Color Developer)
C5 (Stop Solution)
Standard Control (100 µg/ml)*
Signal Report Solution*
8-Well Sample Strips (with Frame)
8-Well Standard Control Strips
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial prior to opening the cap.