Genome-wide, base resolution DNA methylation analysis is now made easy using our comprehensive Methyl-Seq bisulfite sequencing services. Our next-generation sequencing platforms can deliver a great amount of useful DNA methylation information with publication-ready data parsed by our expert bioinformatics scientists. The study of methylation at single base resolution of individual cytosines in DNA is facilitated by bisulfite treatment of DNA followed by PCR amplification, cloning, and sequencing of individual amplimers. EpiGentek’s Methyl-Seq platform uses Reduced Representation Bisulfite Sequencing (RRBS) or Whole Genome Bisulfite Sequencing (WGBS) to yield reliable information on the methylation states of individual cytosines by effectively and efficiently preparing converted DNA for use in next generation sequencing techniques and offers the following advantages:
- Complete conversion (>99.9%) and maximum recovery of bisulfite-converted DNA
- Minimal selection bias, allowing for a low amount of input material high yield of the constructed DNA library, and low error rates
- Streamlined process for rapid turnaround time (6-12 weeks depending on sequencing lane availabilty)
- Multi-stage quality control check including antibody validation, Bioanalyzer library QC, and KAPA qPCR quantification
- Cost-reducing multiplexing of multiple libraries per sequencing lane
- Receive full deliverable package including raw sequencing files, FastQC quality control insight, Bismark read mapping, methylation calling data, differential methylation analysis, and methylation region annnotation
Bisulfite sequencing method utilized to detect up to 3 million unique CpG sites, covering nearly all CpG islands and gene promoters.
Bisulfite sequencing method utilized to detect up to 6 million unique CpG sites, covering nearly all CpG islands, gene promoters, and most genetic regulatory elements, gene bodies, and repeated DNA sequences.
Bisulfite sequencing method to detect in-depth DNA methylation across the entire genome, including methylation at CpG sites and less common non-CpG site such as CNG.
*These are examples of data that may be provided. Please consult your service representative regarding the exact data you will receive.
We currently accept DNA, cell, and tissue samples for our bisulfite sequencing Methyl-Seq service. Proper sample preparation along with the appropriate quality control methods on your end will allow the greatest chance for assay success. Please follow all guidelines for sample requirements, packaging and labeling, and shipping which are outlined on the Submission Instructions page.
Talk to a Scientist
Want more information on our bisulfite sequencing Methyl-Seq service or interested in customizing your research project? We’re here to help! Get in touch with one of our highly knowledgeable epigenetic services experts by calling toll-free at 1-877-374-4368 or emailing services @ epigentek.com.