The EpiSonic™ 2000 Sonication System is the latest sonication-based instrument with integrated cooling for DNA shearing and chromatin shearing applications. This sonicator is designed for simultaneous, optimized processing of 1 to 12 samples at small microliter-level volumes (optimal at 15 µl of volume), making it an ideal solution for next-generation sequencing due to its high shearing consistency and uniformity.
The EpiSonic™ 2000 incorporates Digitally Adaptive Sonocavitation™ (DAS) technology to efficiently process DNA and chromatin samples, with the following key features:
- Simple input and controls
- Simultaneous sonication of up to 12 samples
- 10 minutes to shear 12 samples to 300 bp (50 sec/sample)
- Reproducible and consistent fragments
- Closed vessel processing
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Continuous cooling system
- 20-month warranty
Notable points of the EpiSonic™ 2000 include the following:
- Generates fragments compatible with Illumina, Ion Torrent, 454, and Pacific Biosciences platforms.
- Generates tight and highly reproducible fragment distributions.
- Capable of achieving uniform fragment sizes between 150 bps and 20 kbs.
- Meets "the scientist's requirements" for a low-cost, flexible, higher throughput and easy-to-use design.
- Eliminates operator-induced variations, improves recovery yield, increases efficiency, and provides results that can be standardized.
Fig. 2. Demonstration of consistent fragments achieved with a single run of 12-sample multiplex shearing with the EpiSonic™ 2000.
DAS™ technology, incorporated into the EpiSonic™ 2000, provides the following advantages:
- Controlled energy delivery
- Isothermal environment
- Non-contact, closed vessel processing
- Enhanced reproducibility
- Uniform multiplex sample shearing
- User selectable fragment lengths
- High sample recovery with no heat damage
- No cross-contamination, no aerosols, no clean up
- Micro-scale sample volumes
- Real-time process monitoring
Fig. 1. Setup of the EpiSonic™ 2000 Sonication System.
||100-120 VAC or 220-240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz
||Up to 10 hours
||Up to 12
|| 7.5"L x 5"W x 7"H (19 cm x 12.7 cm x 17.6 cm)
||15.25"L x 8"W x 8.5"H (38.7 cm x 20.3 cm x 21.6 cm)
|Sound Enclosure Dimensions
||10"L x 10"W x 16.5"H (25.5 cm x 25.5 cm x 42 cm)
||Temperature: 39°-95°F (4°-35°C)
Relative Humidity 20-90% (Non Condensing)
For indoor use only
|Origin of Manufacture