Please see the Methylamp DNA Capture Kit if you are working with purified DNA as the starting material.
The EpiQuik™ Methylated DNA Immunoprecipitation (MeDIP) Kit is a complete set of essential components which uses a proprietary and unique procedure/composition to enrich methylated DNA from cells. In the assay, an antibody specific to methyl cytosine is used to immunoprecipitate methylated genomic DNA. The immunoprecipitated methylated fractions can be then used for a standard DNA detection. The kit is suitable for combining the specificity of methylated DNA immunoprecipitation with qualitative and quantitative PCR, and southern blot as well as DNA microarray. The kit has the following advantages:
- Directly immunoprecipitate the methylated fractions of DNA from cell lysates.
- Highly efficient enrichment of methylated DNA: > 95%.
- Strip microplate format allows manual or high throughput.
- Conveniently includes columns for DNA purification in order to save time and reduce labor.
- Compatible with all DNA amplification-based approaches.
- Achieves very reliable and consistent assay conditions.
Principle & Procedure
The EpiQuik™ Methylated DNA Immunoprecipitation (MeDIP) Kit contains all reagents required for carrying out a successful methylated DNA immunoprecipitation directly from mammalian cells. Particularly, this kit includes a ChIP-grade 5-methylcytosine antibody and a negative control normal mouse IgG. DNA in the cells is extracted, sheared, and added into the microwell immobilized with the antibody. DNA is released from the antibody-DNA complex, and purified through the specifically designed Fast-Spin Column. Eluted DNA can be used for various down-stream applications.
CP1 (Wash Buffer)
CP2 (Antibody Buffer)
CP3A (Pre-Lysis Buffer)
CP3B (Lysis Buffer)
CP4 (ChIP Dilution Buffer)
CP5 (DNA Release Buffer)
CP6 (Reverse Buffer)
CP7 (Binding Buffer)
CP8 (Elution Buffer)
Normal Mouse IgG (1 mg/ml)*
Anti-5-Methylcytosine (1 mg/ml)*
Proteinase K (10 mg/ml)*
8-Well Assay Strips (with Frame)
8-Well Strip Caps
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial after thawing prior to opening the cap.