The EpiQuik™ In Situ H3-K9 Acetylation Assay Kit is a convenient package of tools that allows the experimenter to measure in situ acetylation of histone H3-K9 at tremendously fast speeds and consistency, superior and safer than all other current methods. The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed to carry out a successful assay experiment. The EpiQuik™ In Situ H3-K9 Acetylation Assay Kit is suitable for specifically measuring in situ histone H3-K9 acetylation using cultured adherent cells. The kit has the following advantages:
- Quick and efficient procedure, which can be finished within 3 hours.
- Innovative colorimetric assay without the need for radioactivity, electrophoresis, or chromatography.
- Measurement of in situ histone H3-K9 acetylation, with out the need to prepare cell lysates.
- Microplate format makes the assay suitable for high throughput analysis of agents that increases or inhibits H3-K9 acetylation.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
Principle & Procedure
EpiQuik™ In Situ Histone H3-K9 Acetylation Assay Kit uses whole cell-based detection of acetylated H3-K9. In this assay, adherent cells are cultured in conventional 96-well microplates. After your experimental treatment, cells are fixed and permeabilized. The acetylated H3-K9 is then detected by a high affinity acetyl H3-K9 antibody. The ratio or amount of acetyl H3-K9 can be quantified through HRP conjugated secondary antibody-color development system and is proportional to the intensity of color development.
GH1 (10X Wash Buffer)
GH2 (Permeabilizing Buffer)
GH3 (Blocking Buffer)
GH4 (Antibody Buffer)
GH5 (Capture Antibody, 1 mg/ml)*
GH6 (Detection Antibody, 400 µg/ml)*
GH7 (Developing Solution)
GH8 (Stop Solution)
30% H2O2 Solution
Acetylated H3-K9 Control (20 µg/ml)
8-Well Control Strips
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial prior to opening the cap.