The EpiQuik™ Global Di-Methyl Histone H3-K9 Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) is a convenient package of tools that allows the experimenter to specifically measure global di-methylation of histone H3-K9 fluorometrically using a variety of mammalian cells (human, mouse, etc.) including fresh and frozen tissues, cultured adherent and suspension cells.
WHY CHOOSE THE EPIQUIK™ GLOBAL DI-METHYL HISTONE H3-K9 QUANTIFICATION KIT (FLUOROMETRIC)?
- Quick and efficient procedure, which can be finished within 2.5 hours.
- Innovative fluorometric assay without the need for radioactivity, electrophoresis, and chromatography.
- Specifically captures di-methyl H3-K9 with the detection limit as low as 0.2 ng/well and detection range from 5 ng-2 µg/well of histone extracts.
- The control is conveniently included for the quantification of the amount of di-methylated H3-K9.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
The EpiQuik™ Global Di-Methyl Histone H3-K9 Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) is designed for measuring global histone H3-K9 di-methylation. In an assay with this kit, the di-methylated histone H3 at lysine 9 is captured to the strip wells coated with an anti-di-methyl H3-K9 antibody. The captured di-methylated histone H3-K9 can then be detected with a labeled detection antibody, followed by a fluorescent development reagent. The ratio of di-methylated H3-K9 is proportional to the intensity of fluorescence. The absolute amount of di-methylated H3-K9 can be quantitated by comparing to the standard control.
Histone extracts were prepared from MDA-MB-231 cells using the EpiQuik Total Histone Extraction Kit and the amount of dimethyl-H3-K9 was measured using the EpiQuik Di-Methyl Histone H3-K9 Quantification Kit (Fluorometric).
F1 (10X Wash Buffer)
F2 (Antibody Buffer)
F3 (Detection Antibody, 1 mg/ml)*
F4 (Fluoro Developer)*
F5 (Fluoro Enhancer)*
F6 (Fluoro Dilution)
Standard Control (100 µg/ml)*
8-Well Sample Strips (with Frame)
8-Well Standard Control Strips
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial prior to opening the cap.